Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Memories

     Sorry for the long delay, folks. Life gets busy in the fall and the time change did not help! But I am back and gearing up for Thanksgiving. In the next two weeks I will be sharing my recipes for some of my most treasured Thanksgiving dishes. Before I tell you about my favorite holiday foods, I want to hear about yours! When you think Thanksgiving dinner, what do you think of? Green beans? Sweet potatoes? Overcooked turkey? Gravy? Pie? Does your family have any fun traditions?


The holiday season is all about connecting with the people in your life and I would love to get to know you all a little better through the next few weeks. Leave a comment below and be on the lookout for my stories and recipes coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Well, my memories are of sitting around a few tables end to end, seating 25. As a child in a family with first generation Italians, the turkey was only served in homage to the country's tradition.We started with antipasto trays that rival most peoples table tops, in size. Pasta was next, several versions. Lasagne, manicotti, orrechette with pomadoro. Breads, wines, cheeses, biscotti. At the end of the meal my grandmother would carry out the turkey like a birthday cake might be presented in todays celebrations. She was proud to present it. Naturally by the time it appeared noone ate a single bite. The cannoli and cheesecake with espresso served all around.The anisette liquor and sugar cubes accompanied the demitasse cups. It was loud and loving and I miss it to this day.That is my memory of Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete